Monday, May 14, 2012

A Very Special Mother's Day

I just don't even know how Mother's Day could get any better than this one!  Not because I was surprised with some expensive gift, but because I truly felt honored by the sweeties in my life.  I woke up to a wonderful breakfast with a few special touches- yummy granola bark and fresh fruit, the fact that my cream and sugar was already on the table with my hot coffee.  Jimmy really thought this out...

He managed to keep Grace Louise quiet until she made her grande entrance, "Happy Mother's Day!  Come eat your breakfast!"  It was so easy to get out of bed and join them at the table!  Grace Louise presented me with a precious little duck card and Jimmy's card made me cry.  I was overwhelmed with the love!  And it felt soooo good!

We had lunch with Jimmy's family, honoring his mom and grandmother, and the other great mothers in his family... followed by an afternoon of swimming, which made my waterbug super happy!   Leftovers for supper meant that I didn't cook at all on Mother's Day!  Woohoo! 

Grace Louise and I had lunch with my mom and grandmother on Saturday, an early Mother's Day celebration, and then went on a little shopping trip in Sebring.  What a great weekend!  

After our sweet rocking/singing/ninny time last night, I tucked my little duck in bed and whispered in her ear,  "I love being your mommy!"  She whispered back, "Happy Mother's Day!"  Wow, right?!  She has such a tender, loving heart and blesses me more than I could have ever imagined!










No comments: