Thursday, June 9, 2011
Friday, June 3, 2011
Every major age milestone since Grace Louise was born, I've written her a little letter highlighting all the things she's doing and just sharing my heart at the moment. I have a letter that my mom wrote for me while she was pregnant, which I absolutely treasure! It is just so precious to have a glimpse into the heart of a mother, especially when its your own! Passionate Homemaking just wrote a blog entry about the art of letter-writing today (which I didn't even see until after I wrote this... how cool!)
An excerpt from GL's 18 month letter...
A few truly precious things you do that make my heart melt...
• say “sit mommy” when you want to nurse
• say “wapoo” (I love you!) and “night night skeeter bite!”
• mimick mommy’s yoga poses
• sit in front of your bookshelf on the floor and read book after book by yourself
• sit on the big girl potty, get your own toilet paper, and wipe yourself (but you’re not potty trained yet!)
• carry a purse and put small books and toys in it
• carry your baby dolls everywhere
• play peek a boo with yourself and other random objects, saying “where’d go?”
• say really sweet southern things like “bye y’all”, “bye now”, and “oh my!”
• cackle and shriek when you laugh
Mommy and daddy must continue to ask the Lord to guide our footsteps in parenting, careful not to put ourselves on auto-pilot or forget the purpose of what we are doing... training you to know and the love the Lord and to desire to give Him glory with your life. I want you to be smart. I want you to be talented. But most of all, I want you to desire after Jesus with your whole heart. I am so able to mess this up. I have a good chance of teaching you things I shouldn’t or not teaching you things I should. Yet, God’s grace is sufficient even for this. You are His. And this is all for His glory.
18months- Memorial Day Weekend