Thursday, May 24, 2012

Blog Books

I treated myself this Mother's Day (not that I didn't get enough special treatment from Jimmy and Grace Louise) and got two years of my blog printed into hardback books.  I looked into doing this a while back, but wasn't sure how much was involved- sorting pictures, pages, dates, editing, etc.  Apparently there are two big companies for blog printing, Blog2Print and Blurb.  Blurb offers more options for your book, but requires downloading their software to your computer and obviously more time customizing; Blog2Print offers an easy online one click and your done kind of service.  I chose Blog2Print and am fairly satisfied with the books.  The quality of the pictures and binding is GREAT, but it would have been nice to delete some of the repetitive dating and headlines that are transferred when going to book form.  Overall, the process took me about 10 minutes and only cost $80 for both books.  Had I chose the fancier option, I probably would have continued to procrastinate and never actually had them printed.  I'm really looking forward to printing 2010 and 2011 before the end of this year... my blog got much more interesting after Grace Louise :-)  


No comments: