Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Tonight I'm thankful for something I've never really been thankful for before... the sound of a baby's heartbeat. "swoosh, swoosh, swoosh" Ah!

I haven't shared this with everyone yet, but I am 10 weeks and 3 days preggo today! Went for my first visit to the midwife and everything looks good! I'm eager for week 12 to get here, but hearing the heartbeat today brought me more joy and peace than I ever could have imagined. I have a feeling this will be 6 1/2 more months of "more than I ever could have imagined".

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
-Psalm 139:13

8 comments:

hgrenier said...

Tears of joy are flowing right now! Even Eric said, "Awww" when I read him your post. We are so happy for y'all! I can't wait to read your coming posts through this journey!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Emily I am so happy, over joyed, excited, and relieved for you two! Prayer really does work!!!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! I am crying tears of joy for you guys right now. It is so amazing. I am very happy and excited for y'all. We love you and wish nothing but the best.

mama to many said...

remember...live in this moment and in the excitement of this amazing gift! It's a NEW life! LOVE YOU! Can't wait to chat

Matt and Christen said...

That is awesome Emily. We are really happy for you guys. Praise God for the journey He has brought you on. Thank for being so real with sharing all He has taught you.

Valerie Cutrer said...

Congratulations Emily and Jimmy. You will be in my prayers.

Katy said...

Emily, I am so excited and thankful to hear this news! I will be praying for you and litte Hurst!

The Purnell Family said...

I am so excited for you! We have never met, but you posted on my blog one day when I put a post on there about strength. I will continue to pray for you through this wonderful journey! It is an amazing experience!