Wednesday, February 4, 2009

While I'm waiting

I want to share with you the lyrics to a song that has really ministered to me lately. You're probably thinking, "wow, you must just sit around all day listening to music"...that's not exactly the case (though I do listen to music while I'm doing most things). Songs tend to fall in my lap unexpectedly, like this one...at a superbowl party. Go figure. (Thanks Heather for your obedience in sharing).

As I shared in an earlier post, I'm in a season of waiting, encouraged by scriptures and songs that remind me that waiting on the Lord is beneficial and many times necessary to strengthen us for the great things He has planned. Since my last post, however, baby shower invitations seem to be coming in droves, happy, pregnant women are everywhere I look, and precious and loved babies are being born. I caved momentarily under the pressure and became debilitated by my pain. I cried out to God, "I have to move on with my life. I can't live like this. I have to be content in my circumstances." A few days later (at the superbowl party), a friend of mine asked me if I heard this particular song. She played it for me and God immediately spoke through it. The lyrics encompass everything I've been experiencing, including the pain, as well as the hope that I have in Christ Jesus and His miracle working power. I have played the song repeatedly throughout this week and have been encouraged by the words of truth, hope, and faith. I finally realized that God not only wants me to trust in Him during my trial and rest in His strength and promises, but He also wants me to carry on, persevering for the promise...to serve him, worship him, and be a functional member of the body of Christ, not held down in depression and despair. The enemy wants us debilitated, unable to be a useful tool for the Kingdom. God wants us to serve Him through our pain.

So here are the lyrics (for those of you party poopers who keep the speakers on your computer turned off). Otherwise, listen and enjoy.

"I'm waiting" by John Waller

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You While I'm waiting
I will worship While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait I'm waiting

I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait

I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord

1 comment:

hgrenier said...

I'm so glad this ministered to you! I've had this song on continual repeat for months now!!! I imagine it will still be on continual repeat for many more months ahead as well... Hugs and prayers!!! ~ Heather