Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

  • I am thankful for having a functioning refrigerator IN my kitchen!!!!
  • For having ice. Period.
  • Did I mention I am thankful to have a refrigerator and ice after three long months of trucking back and forth to the garage to obtain cold food and beverages??? Thank you, Jesus!
  • I am thankful that God cares about even the little things in our lives...like refrigerators.
  • I'm thankful that God answers prayers...in a variety of ways, not always the way would like Him to, but always perfectly and timely for His will. His ways are higher than ours; His thoughts are deeper.

I have to share this. This may seem silly to some of you, but in the midst of our refrigerator nightmares (when we found out that our "new" refrigerator was not working either) I stopped for a moment, literally laid my hand on the refrigerator door and prayed in exasperation, "God, PLEASE, make this refrigerator work...or at least let whatever is wrong with it be fixed for little money. In Jesus' name. Amen." I giggled as I walked away, remembering all the times growing up when my very Pentecostal grandmother laid her hands on EVERYTHING (including family members) demanding that they function properly (or behave properly) in Jesus' name. I soon forgot about my refrigerator request and went on complaining and worrying about, you guessed it, not having access to an icebox in the house. Okay, now fast-forwarding to Tuesday night... Jimmy asked a friend who has experience in air conditioning repair to come over and take a look at our frig. After tinkering with a few things he pulled out a small switch box and said, "looks like just a small problem...should only cost about $20 to fix". A small problem???? Thank you, Jesus, for answering my prayer...in a way that makes me (and my pocketbook) particularly happy :) He listens. He cares. ...and He humors me at times.

No comments: