Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Owning your own business is hard work! Can I get an amen?! I've recently taken on the daunting task of being the "office manager" for Hurst Pest (although, Jimmy says that's just a glorified name for secretary). I'm putting my organizational skills to the test (along with my accounting talents...or lack thereof) and learning the ins and outs of running a business. So, in the spirit of entrepreneurship, I've decided to give thanks today for...
  • having a brave husband who had the guts to make his own way and who has consistently portrayed the Provider image of the Father.
  • the freedom to make our own schedule and take as many vacation days as we'd like (or can afford).
  • Quickbooks.
  • loyal customers.
  • the opportunity to learn something I was never taught in school.
  • endless opportunities to grow, experience, and be creative.
  • drawing closer to God and relying on His faithfulness during times of uncertainty.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.- Psalm 100:4

1 comment:

Katy said...

Emily, I think I'm gonna try my hand at thankful Thursdays on my own blog, thanks for reminding me to be thankful!