Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter Week: Day 2

Today was especially busy for us and we spent a lot of time out of the house, so we chose a simple Easter activity. Grace Louise totally wanted to continue reenacting the Palm Sunday scene, declaring on more than one occasion that Jesus was coming down the driveway on the donkey. She also pointed out more palm fronds in the backyard that we could use...

We did this easy painting activity with painter's tape... gotta love pinterest! I actually thought it turned out quite beautiful... and I think abstract painting might be my thing.


We also spent some time playing with our Resurrection Eggs. These are great for teaching the prior events and ultimate resurrection of Christ. We've probably gone through them a dozen times or more already and she never tires of it, telling me what each item is and how it symbolizes part of the story. Great reminders for a visual learner!


Applying the linen burial cloth...

The tomb is empty! Christ is risen!

We always finish our time with the Resurrection Eggs by singing an old church song my grandmother used to play on the piano...

Alive, alive, alive forever more! My Jesus is Alive! Alive forever more! Alive, alive, alive forever more! My Jesus is Alive! Sing Hallelujah! Sing Hallelujah! My Jesus is Alive!

No comments: