Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Child Swap

My friend Missy and I have put a new spin on the Wife Swap drama and are switching kids two days a week. Missy came up with the idea because we both needed at least one day of childcare and this provided a free option. So far it's working out great, and the girls are definitely loving it! She takes Grace Louise for the day on Monday, and has her kids at home as well, and I take Joanna all day on Wednesdays.

I have been desperate for a child-free day that I can work on paperwork and such for Jimmy's business, grade papers for my classes, pay bills, etc. This arrangement provides a great environment for Grace Louise to be away from home and gives me some time to get these kinds of things done more efficiently. Plus, Grace Louise and I love having Joanna over :-)

Pics from our first week...
Craft time! Making bracelets. Grace Louise is a pro at beading so she took over Joanna's craft... Joanna doesn't seem to mind much. She just wants to wear the finished product!

Sweet friends taking a break for a hug.
Ta-dah!

Swinging at Uncle Dave's. We also picked oranges, played in the sandbox, and went for a reckless drive in the Gator Jeep!



Joanna's first fishing trip. We feed our fish at the dock everyday and catch a few while we're at it. Joanna thought fishing was fantastic, until she realized the fish actually moved. After that, she was through...


No comments: