Monday, January 18, 2010

Big Day!

I've never done this parenting thing before, so I have been completely shocked at how Grace Louise is growing so quickly- not in size (though she is certainly doing that like a weed!), but in motor and language skills. It seems like in the past two days, she has really advanced. Maybe she's having a growth spurt? I'm almost convinced that the diarrhea is from teething; she can't keep her little hands out of her mouth and has now earned the nickname, "momma's little slobber-bucket". Bibs- really handy now. I know this is going to sound hard to believe, but my brother, Chris, cut his first tooth at 12 weeks and had 16 teeth on his first birthday! NOT normal, I know. Could this be genetic... gosh, I hope not! Nevertheless, she is working on something in that mouth.

Her smiles are enormous; she loves to show off those gums. It's hard to capture them on camera, though. I must be sneaky sneaky, otherwise she's more interested in the camera than anything else. She's also got quite a serious face, too. I keep telling her to stop before she gets wrinkles. Pat-A-Cake, followed by the crazy "Yay" is pretty much a sure way to get a giggle. She's getting more and more generous with her voice, giving laughs and "talking" up a storm. "Mama" will be first!

I sent an emergency text yesterday to Grace Louise's grandma's. She put one of the tags from her Taggie book in her mouth... all by herself! She has grabbed one of her toys before in the car and had it in her mouth, but I'm not sure it was purposeful. This incident was for real- oh yeah, going down in the baby book! She knows her hands are there and is starting to use them more. She's gaining more and more head/neck control and is as strong as can be in her little legs! Ya know, I'm not as sad as I thought I'd be watching her "grow up". Everything is so exciting; I'm proud mama.

1 comment:

mama to many said...

oh girl! make sure you get it all in the book...amazing how much you will forget!!!! :( Evie cut teeth at 3 months and Beckett at 5 months...abnormal, but yes, teeth are hereditary! MUAH!