Sunday, September 22, 2013

Where dreams come true

I cannot believe I'm about to say this... but I sent my only daughter, my little princess, my girly girl made of sugar and spice and all that's nice to Disney World... without me! I'm thinking this is equivalent to missing first steps and words and such.

Now that the self-loathing is out of the way, I can write about her exciting trip to the "princesses' houses". 

She would have the greatest adventure with CaCa and Rachel... this I knew first hand, having spent every summer of my life with this special cousin who pours and pours into those she loves. I was confident they would have a special trip and that Grace Louise would be in the most loving and safe hands. We were thrilled for her and loved receiving texts and pictures throughout the day!

When she got home, a giddy and napless Grace Louise spouted off all her favorite events- the roller coaster ride (that was admittedly a little scary at first), meeting all the princesses (Ariel was her favorite), and getting a special treat (Disney suckers).


These first few pictures are from Friday evening in their hotel room. They stayed at the Art of Animation Hotel at Disney and picked a mermaid room!




 Waiting for the ferry!

 Cooperate for the most important picture of all? Nah!

 Loves her honey, just like Pooh.

 Safe to say her first encounter with characters wasn't a hit. The stepsisters have a bad rap and she knew it! She wouldn't even let them sign her autograph book! Doesn't look like Anastasia was too impressed with Grace Louise either... hmph.

 Dumbo is her fave!!!






 "I'm not taking my eyes off of you, Snow White."

 Then she softened up...

 Cinderella taught Grace Louise how to sit like a princess,
or at least fold her hands like one.

Princess Grace Louise offered her own time signing autographs for those who might be interested.

1 comment:

Katy said...

So fun!! I love all the pictures. What a great memory!