Sunday, March 3, 2013

Chow Time

"More on that tomorrow"... is half a month away, apparently! When we're too busy to blog life, we're too busy doing life. That's where I've been- and that's okay! Hoping to slow it down a bit this week, but in the meantime, it's chow time over here!

Six months for my babies means one thing... FOOD! I'm convinced of the benefits of waiting until at least this age before introducing anything but breast milk. More of my thoughts on baby-led weaning here. (Also some really cute pics of my baby girl eating her first foods too!) Like most parents, we have a big hoopla about the first eating experience. Both Grace Louise and Jamesy had pear as their first food. I actually offered him broccoli and banana a few days before, and he surprisingly didn't even try to eat it. Only play- which is fun too! 

This week he has shown more interest, so far trying pear, banana, sweet potato (not a favorite), black eyed peas, green peas, black beans, butternut squash, mashed potatoes (couldn't keep 'em coming fast enough), and strawberries. I even let him gnaw on a corn cob. That was Grace Louise's favorite! It's amazing the kernels they can manage without any teeth!



He's mad. No more broccoli spears.


 *Note to self: buy this pretty boy a blue bib.


Haha... tricked ya! This last picture is Grace Louise! Looks like they both have the same pear-eating technique and even favor the left side. They look enough alike that when I go back through her baby pictures, I have to keep reminding myself that it is her and not Jamesy! So strange. She looks like her little girl self in my mind's eye. Without pictures, I'm not sure that I could even remember her baby face.  ... and we'll save all that sappiness for a later post.

No comments: