Thursday, March 14, 2013

7 months, just that fast

I could not be more in love with the time I spent with my son tonight. (My God knew what I needed more than I did!) My mom was supposed to have both kids this afternoon so I could catch up on some household tasks, but Jamesy was not feeling his best. He has been teething (forever it seems- still no teeth) and has had clear, but runny nose for a few days. He's not nuts about eating 'food food' nor does he enjoy his poops nearly as much these days. He prefers to remain on my hip at all times, crying if you even think about putting him down. (How dare you!) On top of that, he is learning how to sleep on his own. Life is hard.

But thinking on the good things... the two of us spent much needed quality time together tonight, snuggling, playing, replacing batteries in his favorite toys, eating- joyfully believe it or not! A plate on the floor, eating pears and black beans at his own pace. A quiet and soothing bed time routine led to effortless slumber. Ahhhh...

If I might touch on milestones for this month, sleep training would take the cake. I'm really proud of this little guy and thankful to the Lord for providing peace and comfort in our home and encouragement through friends. We have by no means arrived, but Jamesy is easily putting himself to sleep for naps and night time, rarely crying for more than a few minutes. He is still up many times during the night, but I'm hopeful that the next week will bring more positive changes. 

Jamesy, Sissy, and Mommy (yes me too) have been taking baths together and enjoying Bubby's stability, now that he can sit up. As you can see, Grace Louise is a huge help, always looking out for her brother and helping wash!

I remember another cute baby who loved this very swing! Jimmy hung it in our backyard yesterday and it is already a huge hit!

No comments: