Monday, February 11, 2013

Youth Fair


Now that I have a few years of blogging under my belt, I love going back to compare seasons of life and see how Grace Louise and our family has changed and grown. Here we are again- fair time. What seems like just yesterday, was a year ago that we were attending the Polk County Youth Fair and making plans to take our sweet girl to the state fair. Here is a link to some pics I snapped of our experience last year. I had just shared the news of my pregnancy with James H and was about 2.5 months along. 

This year our nephew, Triston, was the only family member with a hog that made weight. Showing and selling at the fair was a huge part of my childhood and I'm thrilled to support my own children and family in doing the same. Grace Louise watched the hog sale with enthusiasm and fearlessly toured the cattle exhibits, wanting to pet, feed, or lead every cow! We ended our day with dinner at the Frostproof FFA tent. Many wonderful people. Many wonderful memories.

No comments: