Friday, February 15, 2013

Will you be my Valentine?

We just had the best Valentine's Day. I admit, I'm a hope(ful) romantic and usually have unrealistic expectations about how I want to experience this holiday. Last year my hubby and I joined friends for sushi and he surprised me with a towel warmer. (Don't judge. You know you wish you had a dryer-warm towel waiting on you post shower). This year we decided to spend the evening together as a family, making memories and basking in the overflowing love that Jesus has poured into our lives. 

We cooked an amazing dinner! The menu? Tuna steaks, horseradish and parmesan crusted "filet" (chuck eye), scallops and fettucini alfredo, and brocollini. And our traditional Johnny Leverock's brownie and Hershey bar a la mode with raspberry sauce. YUM!!!!! We ate like royalty, for sure. 

Grace Louise helped set the table with china and candles (something we should do more often perhaps, since she was much better mannered than usual). Jimmy and I put the kiddos to bed as soon as possible and enjoyed a movie and the rest of the evening by ourselves. :-)

Earlier in the day the kids and I celebrated with our homeschool group at the park. Grace Louise made "Crazy About You" valentines with crazy straws to give to her friends. In return, her bag was filled with sweet cards and treats from her friends. What fun... even in the rain! 

A wet and soggy Valentine's Day made for a perfect afternoon relaxing and reading inside before nap time. I snuggled my girl close and read Because I Love You, by Max Lucado. A beautiful illustration of God's unfailing love for us and His desire and willingness to bring us back to Him through Jesus Christ. 




We love because He first loved us. -1 John 4:19

No comments: