Saturday, October 20, 2012

Boktoberfest

I love this time of year.  There seems to be more activities than usual in the community and, of course, the weather is so lovely.  While Jimmy was hunting this morning, I took the kids to Bok Tower Gardens for Boktoberfest.  Mom and I took Grace Louise two years ago when she was just a year old.  This year it was just me and the kids.  Call me brave, supermom, or just plain stupid.  There were thousands of people by the time I got there at 9:30 this morning and I sat in the car for a good 5 minutes deciding on the best plan of attack... to take the stroller? carseat? diaper bag? some or all of the above?  

Well, we survived.  Corn dogs for lunch... the only food that could be eaten with the one hand I had available.  Grace Louise worked with her 4H group from homeschool co-op at the petting zoo.  She enjoyed "taking dollars" from folks buying food for the animals.  She painted a pumpkin, watched a magician, and rode on the back of the stroller as we checked out the plant vendors.  James H slept in the wrap most of the time and then rode like a big boy in the stroller.  (I decided against taking the car seat so he didn't have much choice).  He loved every minute!  

[I snapped these pics with my iphone and sent them via mobile blogging but couldn't figure out how to the get them all on one post.] 

No comments: