Monday, June 18, 2012

Sweet Baby James H.

I think deciding to share the name of our baby boy ended up being more of a surprise than keeping the secret!!!  With Father's Day approaching, the first without both of Jimmy's grandfathers (both named James), Jimmy and I decided to share the precious name we've chosen for our son, James H. Hurst, IV.  

We (had a second sonogram to confirm the gender and then...) ordered a monogrammed Jon Jon with his initials, JHH.  We let Pops open the gift last night at our family Father's Day dinner at Texas de Brazil.   What a sweet moment, one we will all cherish forever!  

I must say, I've never been too much into name meanings-- like those you find on baby name websites. I mean, who verifies the legitimacy of those anyway?!?!  I'm more inclined to choose a family name of someone special, a name with personal significance, carrying a legacy all its own.  Just for kicks, though, I did a little research on the name James and come to find out, it doesn't even have a meaning!  The name James is the English transliteration of the Hebrew name Jacob, meaning supplanter.  

We celebrate the opportunity to continue the legacy of Jimmy's family name and the personal meaning it carries.  However, our son being named after his own father will be the greatest honor of all.  In case you didn't know, I am married to a stand-up man, who loves God and his family with his whole heart!  

Now... what you've all been waiting for... what will we call him??   I want him to have his own version of the name.  Jim, Jimmy, Jimbo... are run out.  We'll call him "James H."  or just "James" is okay too.

And we can't wait to meet this sweet baby James on the outside!    
  

Grace Louise learned of the surprise along with everyone else.  We just couldn't risk her accidentally spilling the beans.  
She's still a little confused... "but his name is boy!" 






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Ben and Emma can sing one of their favorite songs for him, Sweet Baby James, by James Taylor. Ben and Paul share James as their middle names, so it is a special one to us as well!

The Hursts said...

Mrs. Hurst is a HUGE James Taylor fan too! She'll be singing it, I'm sure! :-)

Unknown said...

I can't think of a more fitting and appropriate name for our baby. He'll follow in the line of other great "James"...Although, I was beginning to refer to him as "Boy" myself. That might be hard to undo...Just Kidding, James H he is!!! Can't wait to see him!