Wednesday, June 13, 2012

B-B-B-Binoculars

My goofy girl doing a little bird and squirrel watching with her new binoculars!  

I've been doing a letter of the week with her some weeks that we aren't zoned in on a particular learning theme.  Mostly, creating objects/animals out of the actual letter (an uppercase A that looks like an alligator, an F that's a fish, a C with eyes, ears, and a tail that looks like a cat...all ideas I've pinned on pinterest).  And then we practice tracing and writing the letter.  I bring the letter up all week in various scenarios, maybe do a few more crafts associated with the letter, and a few complete alphabet activities, like the Sesame Street Learning About Letters DVD or the alphabet fishing game I made a while back.  Even singing the ABC song frequently is simple but effective reinforcement.

I was moving right along in the alphabet and realized we skipped B! Birds, bees, butterflies... lots of B things to see out of our B-B-B binoculars!




No comments: