Thursday, June 28, 2012

Crafts and Learning

I started making a sensory box for Grace Louise some time last year and, though my montessori efforts never panned out, I found that she really loves playing with the marbles.  She'll usually spend at least 30 minutes sorting the marbles into piles, pouring them from cup to cup, and separating out the new, larger marbles that I recently added.  Yay for independent play time!



Though I keep forgetting to steal paint samples from Walmart (what?? pinterest said I could...), I made this alphabet matching activity using just plain construction paper and clothespins.  She can match most letters by herself and even notices resemblance in letters like H and I, Q and O.  Clothespins on a hanger are also great for teaching short scriptures... I've used this idea for children's church.


Joseph and Grace Louise have a coat of many colors!!!  (We hardly recycle anything around this house without making some kind of craft out it first... or at least painting it!)


No comments: