Monday, December 7, 2009

5 weeks old...already?

I've been up to my ears in Christmas cards and decorating in my spare time that I haven't been able to take the time that I'd like to update the blog with pics and details of little Gracie Lou's 4th-5th weeks of life! So here it is almost midnight ...I know I should be catching sleep while I can, but blogging is one way I process life and I must take time for it!

I'll post pics tomorrow, but an update for now...

Last week was amazing! It was my first week in my new normal! All rested up and getting comfortable with Grace Louise's routine, I was ready to take on the world! Well, our world anyway. I cleaned the house and worked (still teaching with UOP on the internet) on Monday and Tuesday... figuring out how to get things done with an infant! The Moby Wrap was a huge help, freeing up my hands while still comforting my love muffin. It's amazing that she can be sound asleep against my chest as I'm framming around in the kitchen washing dishes. Perhaps she thinks she's back in the womb.

I'm getting much more comfortable traveling with Grace Louise and she is becoming more manageable in the car. It doesn't take her long to fall asleep in the car seat and as long as she has her paci in her mouth she's peachy. My car is so small (blessing in disguise??), I can reach back to replace it (safely, of course) when her little lizard tongue accidentally spits it out. Wednesday we were out and about- chiropractor's office for an adjustment and visited Pops at work. I think that might have made someone's day ;-) Thursday we visited a friend and then went grocery shopping... a breeze thanks to the Moby. Friday was a visit to Lala's school. Lala was proud as a peacock and her kids were just precious towards the baby. They drew Grace Louise pictures and went on and on about how beautiful she was! One of the kids made a card for GL that said "Grace Louise. The most beautiful baby I had ever seen." So sweet!

We haven't been back to the pediatrician since week 3, but I'm guessing she weighs around 11 1/2 lbs now. She's (obviously) still doing well nursing. And I'm really enjoying that time, as well. She feeds every three hours during the day, naps once during every feed cycle, and goes down for a long night-time stretch around 9pm. She's been waking up once at 3-3:30am and then again at 7am. I'm SO thankful for that long stretch early in the night. (Exactly why I should be in bed right now)! Grace Louise is a happy, healthy, and well-rested baby girl. I couldn't ask for more!

No comments: