Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The popular tailgating game that is sweeping the nation by storm!

Jimmy has recently inspired a bean bag tossing frenzy in the family! At our last few family get-togethers we've all enjoyed a friendly game or two of cornhole. It really is the perfect game for anyone- young and old alike (as you can see in the pics below)! Jimmy, the becoming carpenter and handyman, built a set of boards and after an instructional lesson from my mom, sewed (yes, sewed) his own cornhole bags. You see, cornhole is a very serious game for some folks. There is even an American Cornhole Association (http://www.playcornhole.org/). (Sounds like an old country song I know). Jimmy was very particular about the weight and size of his cornhole bags, and the dimensions and angles of his boards...and I have to say that watching him build and prepare his cornhole paraphernalia was quite entertaining (earning him the nickname "Martha Stewart").

Stay tuned for more cornhole updates, as Jimmy and I will be entering a cornhole league at the Lake Wales YMCA. $20/team for a 6 week tournament beginning September 6th. Come on out y'all, for some corn-holey fun! ;) ;)


I think my mom's ballerina-esque pose wins the prize!

Papa trying to feed me some of his birthday cake at our last family dinner.
(Cornhole was involved).

No comments: