Friday, August 28, 2009

"Baby Girl" update

An update on all things baby...

The song that is accompanying this post on my playlist is all Jimmy's idea. His contribution to the blog. He insisted that this would be the perfect song for the blog after hearing it playing on the loud speaker at Home Depot. I do believe that we were two silly, delirious nuts that night... on one of our home improvement shopping trips. I guess we needed the humor while waiting to get our blinds for the office custom cut at 9 o'clock at night!


We have finished the office (slash man-cave, according to Jimmy). It looks great! Mom sewed the valances for the windows and we made do with furniture that we already had other places in the house or stored in the garage. (You should try furniture shopping in your own house... you'd be amazed at what you can find!) Now we are cleaning out the old office, what will eventually be Baby Girl's nursery. Time for painting and decorating, putting nusery furniture together, and making a sweet oasis for our bundle of joy :) I will post before/after pics of our remodel when we are finished.


Only 7 more weeks left! Baby Girl is basically just growing like a weed now. She's fattening up, gaining about 1/2 lb a week, and working on getting those lungs ready! It is an amazing sensation to experience her moving now. I can literally feel her head, butt, and knees (or maybe those are elbows) all at the same time. She is running out of room! She has been in head down position for a few weeks now and lays on her right side with her legs curled up on the left side of my uterus. My midwife assesses her position at every visit, which is now every two weeks. All is good health-wise with me. No swelling or other issues... only some backache here and there. I have felt absolutely wonderful during this pregnancy and full of energy. I've still been exercising several times a week. Things are starting to slow down a bit though. I'm starting to feel like I'm back in the first trimester and find myself getting tired for a nap in the afternoons and reluctant to get up as early in the mornings! Could this be my body storing up energy for the marathon ahead?!?!

We opted against the 3D ultrasound photo, so no more pics of the little one until she arrives in all her glory!

No comments: