Saturday, April 18, 2009

Making poop!

I just learned that this week Baby H will be reaching a gastrointestinal milestone... the making of poop. In the 14th week, the fetus begins to make meconium (first resemblence of poop) within the intestinal tract. Wow, talk about holding it a long time!!! We call that constipation... in the fetus world, it's completely normal.


According to my very trusty sources (WebMD and the Mayo Clinic websites), Baby H weighs almost an entire ounce!!! He/she has eyelids that are fused together (so much for sight-seeing for a while) and already has distinct facial features (hopefully, my eyes, my nose, my mouth, my chin... okay, so I want my kid to look like a mini-me. Is that so bad?). Supposedly, in the 14th week the little fetus will begin to respond to external stimuli (i.e. people poking me in the stomach) and respond by "wriggling away". Too cute :)

No comments: