Friday, May 17, 2013

A special Mother's Day ride

No big plans for Mother's Day this year, but I knew I wanted to steal away a little time during the weekend to ride. I didn't plan on sharing the saddle, but it turned out that having the sweet girl who christened me into the great calling of motherhood was a fine partner! This was our first time trail riding together away from the barn. We cruised down some orange grove middles, down a pasture fence line, and into a grassy clearing. I felt a little like Phil Robertson with Grace Louise's incessant chattering. I think she talked the entire time! So much to see and ask about, mom! 

She asked if we were headed to Isreal. After all, the pasture looked like the garden Jesus died in (she meant prayed in). She had much to say about the bones scattered about in one area. She wanted to know about every plant and tree and bird. She made plans to bring a trash bag and pick up litter next time we ride. It was okay if with her if Honey wanted to trot; she could handle it! 

And this is what I love about my girl.






No comments: