Thursday, November 15, 2012

Sweet Smiling Boy

This big hunk of baby sweet meat is 3 months old today!  

I pour my heart out to my babies in letters several times a year and last night was my first time writing to James H. since he has been earthside.  I love getting to know him more everyday.


My sweet Jamesy boy!  I am thoroughly loving my time with you.  I gaze at your sweet face so many times a day and think, “Can I just breath him in?  Take a little bite? Somehow get even closer than skin?” 

You have a tiny mouth, but a huge grin! Dimples. Dimples. Dimples. Pretty blue eyes and daintily curled lashes.  You love to hold my hand, especially when you are sleepy... I bring your hand to my lips a hundred times a day, kissing and smelling, just drinking you in.  You love mama’s milk, think Sissy is funny, and alas, have almost grown too big for her to hold.

You are getting stronger, pushing yourself up with your legs.  A backbend already?  You take a binky, sucking, looking like a little rabbit with a twidgeting nose...You have the sweetest little feet, snore a bit and have a raspy ninny breath.

You are a sport, tagging along wherever we go, though you aren’t fond of the car seat.  “Num Num Num” and my reached-back arm coming from the front seat.  Anything to keep you happy for the ride.  What can I say, you prefer to be next to mommy, snuggled warm and sweet.

Your funny giggle makes us smile.  “Ticky Ticky” on your ribcage almost always gets a chuckle, although the past few days you’re finding humor in mommy’s silly sayings… "aaaachooo!"  "Hey there monkey boy!"  Oh yes, and when mommy gets your neck meat. 

Sissy said it best, bidding you Good Nite all on her own.  “I love you Bubby.  To the moon and back.  As deep as the river.  Forever and ever.” 

No comments: