Sunday, November 18, 2012

Oh so thankful for this.

Like many families I know, we long to make the most of holidays like Thanksgiving, pondering what we can do with our kids to really drive the meaningful points home.  We created a Thankful Tree and have been adding leaves of thankfulness, "Grace Louise, what do you want to thank God for today?" I've also been reading friends' daily Thankfulness posts on Facebook and agreeing in gratefulness on many of the same blessings- family, freedom, faith, food (randomly starting with F).

I got a phone call from an old friend last week.  Hearing her voice and sweet words of encouragement reminded me of former seasons of life and just how God has lavished His love and grace undeservingly upon my life.  Suddenly, I'm overwhelmed with thankfulness not only for this love and grace directly from the Father, but also through friends and people I have connected with along the course of life.  Tears streaming.

God, that you would be so involved in every turn of life, placing people and experiences exactly where they should be.  For your glory, not mine.  My deepest gratefulness right now is for this.

Thank you, Lord for opening my eyes to the blessing of your divine sovereignty.  For reminding me that you are mindful of me and, despite myself, desire to use my life for your greater purposes.

No comments: