Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A few firsts...

I'm so excited to have a couple of hours tonight to catch up on my blogging, take a bath, and just have some time for myself. Jimmy hit the sack early, Grace Louise was a darling about bed time tonight, and I was lucky enough to sneak a nap in earlier in the day. I mustn't be too long, though, my little snapping turtle will be up for a midnight snack here in a couple of hours.

The past few weeks have been amazing! Jimmy commented last night, "I just can't believe she's ours". It does seem surreal at times... then I hold her close to me and smell her sweet skin and milky breath and there is no denying these moments are as real as ever! And so much fun- everything is a first! It's so exciting to witness and create first-time memories (which, if you know me, I've documented in picture form below ;)


Still receiving visitors. Pics above are Grace Louise with Aunt G and Uncle Wes, Aunt Cindy and Jade, Aunt Missy, Lala #2, and Taylor, Lala and Triston, Nikki, and our wonderful baby-catcher Midwife Melissa.
Grace Louise loves spending time with Daddy. His favorite place to hold her is in his chair. They watch ESPN and huntin' shows... you know.


Okay, now for some firsts... Grace Louise's first time meeting her Grandaddy! She will undoubtedly grow to love this man as one of her #1 playmates. A child at heart.


First real bath!
I was so eager for her umbilical cord stump to fall off so that we could enjoy our first bath together. This is her "help me, hold me" sign... she was a little scared, but eventually relaxed in the warm water.

First time meeting Granny and Papa Dubose. Granny's in love...

First ride in the BOB stroller. We only went around the block the first time because mommy was still a bit sore. Looking forward to our first 5K together!

First time wearing an outfit (vs a sleeper/onesie or a gown).

First day out with mommy! We went to visit some friends and then to Publix for some grocery shopping. She was all wrapped up in the moby and no one tried to touch! I was a bit nervous, but Daddy helped us get ready in the morning and we did good!


First time at the YMCA! Meeting my yoga and water aerobics instructors, as well as a couple of ladies from class. Grace Louise has so many grandmas!

Sweet dreams in the bouncer!

"Hey mom! Can you hear me?!"

She LOVES to hang out on her changing table and look around.

Here we are actually making eye contact with the fish. If she's anything like her dad she's thinking, "hmmm, how can I catch one of those little guys?"


I didn't get any pics of Grace Louise at our first social engagement, but we did attend a surprise birthday party for our friend, Heather, on Saturday, as well as a wedding that evening! It was a good, but busy day for us!
We went for a check-up at the pediatrician's office today and got two thumbs up from the doctor! She is a whopping 10lbs 6 oz and 22 inches long! She's certainly not wasting any time (or breast milk, apparently)! She is a healthy girl :-)
I'll post more pics of our first holiday together at the end of the week. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh Emily! Grace Louise is just beautiful. It looks like you guys are really enjoying her - savoring every moment! You look fabulous, too! I can't tell you just had a baby!