Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Cherishing every moment...

Here are some pics from the first week and a half or so of Grace Louise's precious little life! We are enjoying her so much (especially since I am getting around much better now). I am soaking up every moment, committing these times to memory, and not taking a second for granted! We have been truly blessed!


Lala had this birthday cake waiting for us when we arrived home from the birthing center. Happy Birthday Grace Louise!


Grace Louise in her bouncer. Still a little swollen and roughed up from the delivery!

First ride in the car seat. Doesn't look very comfy, does it? Thanks to Lala, now we have a much prettier, smaller (and more comfortable) car seat.


Her blanket made with love by Kare Bear! Matches her bedding perfectly!


Two of my favorite times- morning and just before bed. This was Day 2 and Grace Louise was being so sweet with mom as we were getting ready for nite nite.


Hard to see, but this is Grace Louise laying beside my baby picture. She looks like her dad, too!


Morning nap time. She sleeps in a bassinet beside our bed, but I can't resist a little snuggle time in the morning. She wakes up between 7 and 8 and I feed her and put her back in the bed with me. I've always heard that babies are especially sweet in the mornings and this is soooo true! I guess daddy was up early in order to take this picture (probably fixing me breakfast- he has been so AWESOME!)

She'll snooze about anywhere.

Can you see that little head poking out of there? First ride in the Moby wrap and she loved it! She fell asleep by the time I walked to the mailbox and back.

Hanging out in her crib, enjoying the mobile. She is quite alert between 11am and 4pm, sometimes trying to skip her nap times altogether! She loves listening to music in her crib, watching the mobile, laying on her changing table, swinging, or laying in her bouncer.

Lots of friends have been by to visit. We've tried to get pictures of Grace Louise with every visitor. She is so loved!

Our families are smitten!

2 comments:

Katy said...

Emily and Jimmy, it is wonderful to "share" in the from afar. Congratulations on the sweet blessing of Grace's arrival!

Ashley said...

I love the pictures of her with her eyes open. She looks so very sweet! I know you're loving every minute with her!