Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Friends of the NRA Banquet

Saturday night was the Friends of the NRA banquet for the Lake Wales Ridge Area. Through a strange string of events I was asked to join the planning committee and since Jimmy and I are gun owners and participants in shooting sports, I figured this was a good cause for my volunteer time. (Let me just say that I feel completely blessed to be in a position to give some of my time to worthy causes). It was exciting to be a part of something so big and semi-political. If I didn't believe that our second amendment rights needed to be defended before, I sure do now! Here are some pics from the event...

Me and Jimmy, Mike and Kelly after a yummy Texas Cattle Co. steak dinner!


Our "winnings" from the live auction. I was so excited to be the highest bidder on this crazy buffalo painting. First of all, this was my first time actively participating in a live auction (which is super fun!). And most importantly, we got a killer deal on the item. (I guess there weren't too many buffalo fans in the house). When the charasmatic auctioneer yelled, "sold, for $150 to the lady in the center," I could have just screamed! That was me! I kept saying "oh my gosh, I've never won anything in my life!" And Jimmy didn't hesitate to remind me that I didn't win anything. I'd be paying good money for that picture. I don't know...There is something about an auction that makes you feel like a winner. :)
This picture doesn't do it justice; it really is a great work of art. Come by the house y'all and see it for yourselves!






No comments: