Monday, July 22, 2013

Healed




I have tons of fun pictures from our vacation that I'm working on and can't wait to post! But for this sliver of time I have to blog, I had to share a precious moment from this morning with my baby girl.  Outside on the back porch, Grace Louise sat carefully removing her bandaid from a random boo boo the night before. Of course, the blood was gone and the tiny wound was less noticeable. "I'm healed! I'm healed!" she cried. "I must go tell Daddy that God healed me!" Her excitement was unreal. She was literally jumping up and down; I couldn't help but be excited right along with her!

Oh, how much more broken, wounded and in need of healing are our pre-Jesus hearts. Do we really get that we are worse than sick without Him? We are spiritually dead! And if those of us who were dead have been more than healed, we've been brought to life, why in the world are we not jumping and shouting with uncontainable excitement,

"I'm healed! He has healed me, friends! And I must go tell others that their healing awaits!"

#convicted #compelled

"He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our sins, the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed." -Isaiah 53:5

"Therefor go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." -Matthew 28:19

2 comments:

Joy said...

Beautiful. Oh to have child-like faith.

The Hursts said...

That's exactly what I wrote in my thankful journal today...childlike faith.