Monday, June 17, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

I put together a little something sweet for the daddy of our house. A tribute to Jimmy as a stand up father, Godly role model, and loving husband. We sure do love him!



As for celebrating our own fathers, keeping with tradition, we dined at the meat market... I mean Texas de Brazil. Do you remember our special evening last year? Same place, same outfit, only this time our baby boy was wearing it! Oh, how much has happened in one year!



Having my dad living with us on and off during this transition has been challenging, but I have already begun to count the gifts and they are many! I am thankful for this time with my daddy; my kids have enjoyed him and won a special place in his heart :-) He is off to a long term alcohol treatment program at the end of this week.

Now... back to the carnage. Taking my dad to Texas de Brazil was epic! DeVanes love to eat and have a love affair with meat of all kinds. Dad was in hog heaven. And the damage was fierce! (Wishing I had a picture.)


Before dinner we browsed Bass Pro for a quick minute and let this sharp shooter try her aim. She's a natural. (Gets it from her daddy).




2 comments:

Matt and Christen said...

fLOVE your Father's Day video. You are so talented!! What an awesome memory. I have to learn how to do that.

The Hursts said...

Ha, thanks Christen! Self-taught. imovie really does most of the work for you! I noticed so many special tribute videos/slideshows are only ever put together for funerals... and I say lets cherish these special people and moments while we are still here :-)