Monday, August 20, 2012

Getting ready for baby...

James H is here! Praise the Lord! But between resting and transitioning to a two child household, I'm finding little time to spend on the computer.  I'm eager to put together a post about his birth and add pictures of our first days with our little man, but first, a few shots of the precious days before...



Grace Louise and I visited Audra, my most recent doula client who also delivered her sweet Tallulah Pearl at "the birthing house" in Winter Haven only a few weeks before.  We paid them a visit the Friday before our own due date, getting in a little more newborn practice.  I found it very awkward to hold a newborn with that big belly!

GL asked me lots of questions about Tallulah's birth and was so excited to meet her!

Our castle is two stories, so until he sleeps through the night, our baby boy has his own little nursery  nook in our master bedroom.



The Saturday before he was born, we decided to grab a family breakfast at IHOP and head over to the birthing house for the day.  I was having regular contractions, but, again, wasn't sure they were going to intensify (and obviously, that day, they didn't)!  We had the sweetest time together, just the three of us, setting up our remaining birth supplies- putting sheets on the bed, getting speakers for my laboring music ready, bringing everything in from the car.  I bounced on the birthing ball for a bit (hoping, hoping) and then joined Jimmy and Grace Louise in the pool for a swim.  She was in heaven!

Jimmy hopped out to get us some lunch, while Grace Louise and I swam and bounced in the water (again, hoping, hoping to encourage our baby to come soon).  Then we napped and watched a movie for the rest of the afternoon.  Completely relaxing.  And completely special, now that I think that was our last big day, just the three of us.  This makes me so thankful for those extra days beyond Tuesday.  I love these two with all of my heart.  And now my heart grows...

No comments: