Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Mother Mother Ocean

At least two times a year you have to be on the water- Memorial Day and Labor Day. We spent Labor Day this year fishing the sound of Pine Island with great friends. We went down a day early to spend with each other while mom kept the baby, bracing ourselves for the longest stretch we've ever spent away from her. Time together is so necessary for the health of a marriage, so we try to prioritize that for our family.

The first day on the water, a slight overlook in the sunscreen department left me in a long-sleeved shirt and hat, vying for the shade offered by the t-top. Thankfully, my skin was spared and we geared up for a second full day (with plenty of sunscreen) on the water with Jeremy and Erika. A few keeper fish, lunch at Cabbage Key, a relaxing float in a Cayo Costa lagoon...

This is such a cool picture only because Charlie Weis (who?), the offensive coordinator for the Gators, is in the boat in front of us. It was never officially confirmed (Jimmy would have me say), but the circumstantial evidence was overwhelming. Other than the fact that he looked just like him, he arrived to his fishing cottage a few doors down from us in a limo and drove a King Ranch Ford with a Gator tag. I think so. Yeah, so I'm a bit starstruck.





Captain.



Throw those babies back...


That's it. I'm getting mirrored lenses for my costas so I can be cool too.

No comments: