Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wiggling and Giggling

This morning Grace Louise and I joined some friends at the Lake Wales Public Library for "Wiggles and Giggles"- a time of story reading, dancing, and singing for toddlers. It was so interesting to watch Grace Louise interact with the other kids... she didn't even want to sit with me! She sat by herself on one of the steps... must have been feeling independent today! I snapped this cute video of her participating in one of the songs. She must be a teacher at heart, like her mother... (notice, she's up front with the teacher helping lead).

I'm only bummed that I didn't know about this sooner! What a great opportunity for teaching your little ones, and also to gather with like-minded moms. The Wiggles and Giggles toddler class is at 11:00 on Tuesdays at the LW Public Library. Other children's programs can be found on their website. I also just learned of another fun activity for toddlers at the First Presbyterian Church in Lake Wales. Musikgarten, a music appreciation and literacy class for kids, complete with instruments and singing, is led by Donna Geils in the Children's Chapel Wednesdays from 5:15-6:00. We may try that tomorrow evening!

I'm loving this learning stage as much as I thought I would!

No comments: