Thursday, March 25, 2010

Equilibrium

Yesterday I took Grace Louise on our first solo picnic at the lake! I had been feeling really overwhelmed, especially by work (and my CRAZY plagiarizing students!) and just needed to get outside and enjoy the weather. I had a "moment" the day before (commonly referred to as a meltdown), and the teeter-totter of life felt completely out of balance. This happens from time to time, when something is taking up too much of my time or thoughts; something unworthy becomes the center of my attention. So, as I told a friend earlier today, meltdowns are really just epiphanies; they're reminders that life is out of balance. Yay! Meltdowns are good!!! Ha- not!

Realizing that so many things were competing with the undivided attention I wanted to give my baby girl, I decided to retreat where nothing could interfere (besides my BlackBerry ;) My afternoon with Grace Louise was precious and it turns out she loves the outdoors as much as her mom! We strolled around Lake Wailes, had playtime under a big, beautiful oak, and she took a nap on a blanket while I read! Doesn't that sound serene and amazing?!?! (IT WAS!!!) Pics to follow...

Knowing where I long for the Center of my life's focus to be, I've committed to sing this first song on my playlist everyday for a week. Hmmm... we'll see!







No comments: