Thursday, December 18, 2008

Losing your life, over and over again...Try it, it's great!

I've never really been good at change...don't know many people who are. I am learning, though, that life is characterized by seasons, and very few things or people in your life are constant. I've been working in a seasonal job position for a couple of months now and as my time with the company is coming to an end, I'm torn between being excited about the extra time I will have for my family and to do the things I love and leaving the people, surroundings, and daily duties that have filled my calendar in the past 8 weeks. Detecting a bit of internal struggle, I asked myself tonight, "Self, what is so hard to part with?". Comfort, routine, sense of being needed... all things that keep the focus on me. Jesus spoke the difficult words, "Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." May I never hang on so tightly to something in this life that I'm unwilling to be shaken up and rearranged for the glory of the Lord.

No comments: