Sunday, August 31, 2008

UF vs Hawaii in The Swamp!!!

Jimmy surprised me with tickets to the first Gator game! I mentioned that I would love to go several weeks back, but Jimmy reminded me that he had a softball tournament on Saturday. I was bummed about not going, but nevertheless settled to watch it in true Gator football fan fashion. On Thursday night we were coming home from Walmart and stopped to check the mail. There were 7 Weikert Ford sales trifolds, all with a different salesperson's name and picture. We just couldn't get over how weird that was.

When we were finally inside Jimmy insisted that we each open one of these "Happy Labor Day- Come buy a car" ads...I reluctantly agreed. When I opened mine there were two tickets to the Gator game inside!!! "Oh my gosh, we won tickets!" I yelled, looking over to see if Jimmy won something too. In all actuality, he had slipped the tickets in the trifold on our way inside from the car...that rascal. It was so romantic (yes, Gator football tickets are considered romantic)!

We drove up Saturday morning and parked on campus just in time to walk up to the stadium in a torrential downpour. No ponchos, no umbrella, no cover..."in all kinds of weather we all stick together". We were drenched from head to toe! The rain stopped as soon as it was time for kickoff, and the weather was great for the rest of the game. We had a blast! Thanks honey for the best surprise!

No comments: