Sunday, August 31, 2008

My 1st Haircut!!!

There were a few times I butchered my own hair in my pre-teen years when I didn't have the patience to wait for my next hair appointment. Aside from those hideous moments, this was my first haircut! And my very own husband was my victim! (Hey, aren't we called to sharpen each other, like iron sharpens iron?) In all actuality, it was Jimmy's idea...in the name of saving a few bucks. We borrowed some clippers, and bought a few basic supplies- scissors and a comb. I threw a sheet around him, gave my new $5 scissors a test "snip, snip" and went to work like I was a "Hair Stylist Extraordinaire"! This is supposed to be easy, right? Afterall, I've seen it done a thousand times. Not so much. It was a very stressful 2 hours (yes, it really did take that long), but in the end, it didn't turn out so bad. No worries, the pictures are not all from the final product. They reveal the process of my magnificent work! The fading was by far the hardest part, but you know what they say...practice makes perfect!

No comments: