Saturday, April 13, 2013

8 months Bittersweet

Not that my blog has a name, but if it did, I think Bittersweet would be fitting. Every time I sit down to upload pictures or write a few words (as I did tonight), this is my initial thought. *Sigh



Now, I hope you are ready 'cause this update is the most intense yet! In one short month, Jamesy is crawling and pulling up to standing- a little wobbly, but it counts! He can even navigate the step from the den to the dining area. Three teeth have broken skin and he's eating every fruit and vegetable under the sun. (I made a list last night in his baby book, just to see him shake his head at me when he's grown. "Seriously, mom?") I've offered meats twice, ham and chicken, and he concurred.



He's taking his baths with Grace Louise now and loves splashing in the water- even when it gets all over his face! In the bathtub and in the lake! We are looking forward to LOTS of lake beach play (which we officially kicked off today with a swim!)

Jamesy also took his second trip to the pediatrician for a check up on April 1st. Pops likened him to an "almost legal snook" at 28 inches long and 19 pounds! Thanking the Lord for his good health!

No new words, but he loves the "Buh" sound and is saying it even more than momma. I think he's calling himself... Bubba.



Lots of tickling and laughing with his big sister, even playing along with her- the dollhouse in her room, playing instruments together, hanging out in the sandbox, playing in the toy kitchen while mommy cooks supper.



And perhaps the most notable milestone of all, responsible for contributing a refreshing predictability and peace to our routine, is that of self-soothing. I was nursing and rocking a two year old Grace Louise to sleep for her naps... let that sink in. Jamesy is taking wonderful naps twice a day and sleeping 10-12 hours a night. Ah.ma.zing. He's happy and growing and well rested. Mommy is happy, and hopefully not growing, but well rested.


No comments: