Wednesday, November 24, 2010

West Virginia Mountain Mama...

"...Take me home, country roads." John Denver wasn't the only one singing this song a few weeks ago. Jimmy and my brother, Chris, drove to the mountain country of West Virginia for a hunting trip. Though they brought home a nice 8 point buck, as well as a doe, the 15 hour drive was more than either of them hope to endure again!

The guys had a safe trip and got to experience both the beautiful fall colors and snow within the same week! Grace Louise and I held down the fort here at home, but I look forward to traveling more as she gets older.

I love that, as a skilled outdoorsman, my man can provide for us in any time of need. Our freezer is full. Life is good. Much to be thankful for!


Only serious hunters stalk deer in the snow. Then again, looks like these two "serious" hunters are having a snowball fight!

Jimmy with his buck. Will be on the wall soon...
(An interior decorator's worst nightmare!)

No comments: