Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Keeping with the food theme...

Continuing to brave the world of unconventional foods, but healthy, whole foods, mind you, I've discovered a few more easy, yummy, and affordable recipes that I don't think you'll regret trying.

First things first, the dark chocolate cupcakes that I promised and that several of my friends are just sitting on the edge of their aprons waiting to recreate! ;-)




See, Grace Louise approves. Her first taste of chocolate! (But only a taste!)
Make these cupcakes. The link to the recipe is above. You won't be sorry!


Disregard the Indian-inspired sloppy joes... Not bad, but I wouldn't make those again. Do, however, enjoy the strange, but delicious Massaged Kale Salad! (The name is what hooked me!) Jimmy was a fan, and that is saying a lot! Kale is a veggie that most people have rarely tried. Cook it like collard greens, or better yet, enjoy it fresh in this nutrient-packed salad!
I got this recipe from Aarti, the newest addition to the Food Network. She's pretty, has a great accent, and wears flowers in her hair like Grace Louise. She must make good food!
Keeping with the food theme... here are some pics of my little eater


Hey! No laughing at the dinner table!


Frozen blueberries make for a messy, but effective teething soother.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

We love kale in this household... we drink it in our smoothies (with spinach) :)

Joy said...

When it gets cooler I have a great soup recipe with kale I'll have to send you.
Bit of trivia for you, Aarti's mother-in-law is from Orlando and does ministry to pre/post abortive woman.

The Hursts said...

Wow, Sarah... never would have pictured Kale in a smoothie! You'll have to share your secret of how you make it yummy :-)