Thursday, June 3, 2010

My Birthday Face Lift

Happy Birthday to me! I've taken a new approach to celebrating my birthday this year. Not sure if I'm feeling a need to appreciate myself a bit more now that I'm a busy mommy or if this is me staking claim on my identity ... whatever the case, I've been celebrating my birth for an entire week! And it feels GREAT! Inspired by some friends, I've made a list of things I would like to do (or eat), chosen something small to do everyday, and prioritized that which makes me happy... starting with a Birthday Week Eve steak dinner on Sunday night. Mmmm...Gotta start things off right! Monday we spent the day with family on the lake and I went kayaking with my brother in the evening. So much fun! Tuesday I got to sleep in and read for pleasure during Grace Louise's nap. Wednesday I got a massage- need I say more??? Today is my actual birthday, and I enjoyed a wonderful breakfast, hot tea, and time to browse the internet while Jimmy watched the baby. Now she's napping, and instead of my usual work routine, I've given my blog a face lift and am writing about random things like my birthday week. How crazy is that?!?!

I've got a few more things on my list that I would like to accomplish- oops, I mean enjoy- before the end of my Birthday Week. Supper at my mom's tonight, lobster prepared by my hubby tomorrow, and a hike and tiramisu some time before Sunday. My husband is going to be glad when this week is over ;-)

"Happy Birthday, Dear Emily, Happy Birthday to ... ME!"

3 comments:

Matt and Christen said...

What a great idea to have a birthday week! Happy birthday! I love your new blog look and the picture of GL at the top. :) Can't believe how fast she is growing. Love to you guys.

Unknown said...

I love the pic you put at the top! Good cropping!

Katy said...

Happy late birthday girl! It sounds wonderful and I'm glad you made time for yourself:)