Friday, June 26, 2009

Coming along...

She is growing!!! (Her, not me...well maybe, both of us!) Today marks 23 weeks and 5 days preggo! I went to a prenatal appointment yesterday and all checked out well. I'm measuring normal and Baby Girl's heartbeat was 156. Blood pressure and all was good. Next appointment in four weeks will be my Glucose test. (Not looking forward to the icky orange drink).

Jimmy and I placed the Home Depot order for our windows and door for the back porch yesterday. I'm definitely in a nesting phase right now! I can think of a million things I would like to do to our home before she arrives. Good thing she won't mind if it all doesn't get done! We expect to have Jimmy's office moved out to the porch by the second week of August or so. Then....nursery time! Mom has been ordering the crib bedding piece by piece (Brooke by Pottery Barn...sooo cute!- check it out http://www.potterybarnkids.com/room/rom/romnur/romnurbrk/index.cfm).

As far as fetal development goes... Baby Girl is gaining about 3 ounces a week (then why am I gaining, 1 lb a week, right??) Her tastes buds are forming, which means she can actually experience the yummy foods I am eating through the amniotic fluid. While I'm spinning, swimming, and yoga-ing to stay in shape, she is sucking her thumb to increase muscular coordination of her hands. Believe me, she gets quite a work out running the walls of my uterus (or whatever she is doing in there!). She is a whopping foot long and is now covered in fine, downy hair and waxy vernix to protect her skin. I thought it was very interesting to read that babies born at this age have 36% chance of survival...hard to imagine, as they are still so tiny and fragile. Stay in there little one, just as long as you can!

1 comment:

Katy said...

You look so good! I'm glad you posted this picture!